Wine Clubs that Ship to Colorado
Looking to have wine shipped directly to you or someone you know in Colorado? We have compiled the best wine clubs that can legally ship wines to Colorado. See Wine Clubs, legalities, gift recommendations and more.
Wine clubs that ship to COlorado
Are you a wine fanatic or enthusiast, or someone just starting out with interest in wines? These wine club selections offer a large variety of packages from entry level to master level sommelier selections. You can broaden your scope or stick with what you enjoy by joining these incredible wine clubs that can all ship direct to consumers in the state of Colorado. You can have a one-time order or sign up for subscriptions per week, month or quarter. See our favorites below.
- Wine Club of the Month
- We loved the amount of choice on offer when it comes to membership plans. You can choose between a wide range of wines and even sign up for surprise crates!
- Each plan is customizable so you can choose white or red wine only options (or mixed), how often you receive your wines and how many bottles you want per delivery!
- Wine Of The Month Club also offers great customer support that has made them one of the most recommended wine clubs out there!
- Although one of the most affordable wine clubs thanks to its range of subscriptions, the delivery charge does up the price considerably depending on your address.
- Naked Wines aims towards making the wine industry a fair and better place for future generations of winemakers, allowing them to grow their businesses and not be fleeced by markets and middlemen.
- Their monthly subscription is fairly priced and you receive quite a few benefits from it beyond free wine.
- Cancellation is easy and customer service definitely deserves a shout-out for how kind and accommodating they are!
- There’s not much on offer in the way of free wine, but you do get money off the other wines on sale through Naked Wines.
- California Wine Club
- Many series to choose from
- Budget friendly
- Small family owned winery focused
- California wine dominant
- Firstleaf tailors the packages you receive to contain the kind of wines you are most likely to enjoy. You also have the option to be more adventurous and try out new wines, or stick to flavors you are more familiar with.
- This wine club offers a lot of other benefits with membership, including access to their wine school program and discounted prices on purchased wine.
- It’s a great starting point for beginners, but can also adapt for those who are more experienced in the world of wine.
- It’s full-priced monthly subscription charge is a bit on the pricey side compared to some other wine clubs.
- Cellars Wine Club
- Wine gifts start at $29
- Wine deals and coupons available
- No bad bottle guarantee
- Eight different clubs to choose between. Make sure you know the palate of the person you are gifting wines to.
- Dry Farm Wines
- Dry Farm Wines are dedicated to providing a very high level of quality wine, even going as far as hiring an independent enologist to ensure every bottle of wine is to their standard.
- Their wines are low in alcohol, sugar-free, vegan and organic - making it ideal for those with specific dietary requirements that may hold them back from signing up to a wine club.
- Their 100% Happiness Guarantee gives you the option to swap out a wine you don’t like with a new wine, or a refund - no questions asked!
- The most frequent you will receive your wine is every three months, and each shipment is pretty costly to pay up in one block sum.
Here is the original, the ‘OG’ of wine clubs!
The Wine Of The Month Club is the oldest wine club in the US as it was started in 1972 in a liquor shop in California. This business has been passed down in the family and still continues to follow the same traditions as it did all those decades ago.
This wine club is one that is designed for variety to appeal to all kinds of wine drinkers. From the casual to the connoisseur, The Wine Of The Month Club aims to please all with the wines it offers up every month to its members. There are a lot of different memberships on offer so there is something for everyone’s independent level of wine consumption, from beginner to expert.
However, sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing as we seriously struggled to choose just one membership subscription we wanted to try out. Even if you just opt for the Classic Series membership (the most affordable option which is great for beginners), you still have to choose how many bottles you want to receive and how often.
Despite this, we still enjoyed browsing all the different memberships on offer from The Wine Of The Month Club. We would consider all of this freedom a huge plus as you get to customize your membership to suit your wants and needs.
Our top recommended membership is the fun and creative Mystery Case Club. With this membership, you will receive at least $200 worth of wine for the discounted price of $119! All the wines are hand selected and a mixture of The Wine Of The Month Clubs’ ranges including their Classics, Vintners and Limited Series! This makes it our recommended membership for wine lovers who really want to broaden their palettes under the experienced guidance of the club’s owner, Paul Kalemkiarian Junior.
Cost-wise, they are all very fair and affordable considering what you get in return - there is a minimum monthly membership price plus you have to pay for shipment. This is the real downside to this wine club because shipment will vary depending on where you live. Otherwise, it’s a very affordable wine club that also offers great customer support, instant cancellation, and gift memberships!
Some people may argue that Naked Wines shouldn’t really be on this list as they aren’t really a ‘wine club’ in the conventional sense but there are still a lot of features that come with the Naked Wines membership that makes it a solid choice if you are looking for a wine subscription service.
Naked Wines is mostly used by some people to just buy wine. They source their wine straight from the winemaker, giving them a fair deal when it comes to selling their wine and allowing Naked Wines to cut out the middlemen of importers and retailers. As a company, they have a huge focus on how they source their wine and making it a fair for talented winemakers to make their business thrive.
It really is a win-win situation: the winemakers make more money selling their products (in this case, some amazing wine) and you get to purchase that wine at a discount price compared to what you would pay at the supermarket or at your local store.
However, there is more to Naked Wines than just being an ethical place to shop for wine. They also offer a monthly subscription plan of $40 so you can become an Angel. Every month your $40 goes towards helping out more winemakers cover the costs of their business such as buying new barrels, purchasing grower for their grapes, etc. This helps reduce the cost of wine and makes it more accessible for all. In return, you get a bunch of benefits.
From a ‘wine club’ viewpoint, the benefits are not that great - you get a monthly free bottle of wine when you make an order so you have to make another purchase on top of your subscription to get that free bottle. However, you do get a discount on all wine prices sold at Naked Wine, with some as high as 60%. You also get access to more exclusive, premium wines and experience online tastings with winemakers.
So, depending on how much wine you buy per month, Naked Wines is very hit-and-miss - but we wanted to cover it because the work Naked Wines does for the wine industry is huge and very admirable.
If you are the kind of person who is invested in how wine is made and not just how it tastes, then this could be the wine club for you. You will be able to feel a part of something bigger and there’s a very sweet satisfaction in receiving that single bottle of wine knowing that your subscription fee is going towards a good cause. However, that won’t be enough for everyone - and that’s fine!
You can even try it out and cancel if you find that it’s not for you. Naked Wines offers satisfaction guarantee so you can receive a refund for any wine you are not impressed with, plus policy cancellation is instant. So, we think it’s one worth trying out if you often buy a lot of wine online.
Wine clubs have been around for decades now and they have learned to grow and change with the times. No wine club is evident enough of this than the California Wine Club.
For the more modern and experimental wine tasters, the California Wine Club is definitely one wine club you want to consider trying out. It has a very wide range of wines available to try and it has an aim to be one of the most widely accessible wine clubs out there, so everyone can enjoy the benefits of fine wine.
A lot of the wines available at this wine club are very unique and not well known, meaning that you can’t find them at your local winery.
The way this wine club works is that it does not only focus on specific notes or tastes but rather experiences or themes by way of selecting from different series. They put their wine expertise to great use to make a small collection of wines that all work together to suit a certain feeling or setting, such as the best wines to drink on rainy nights when you want to bundle up under a dozen blankets and binge-watch your favorite shows.
This is definitely a very unique but also very interesting technique and we were very surprised (and pleased!) with it. It definitely makes you think out of the box when it comes to drinking wine and makes you consider not just how it tastes or smells, but what you want the experience to be. Clearly, the owners behind the California Wine Club put a lot of thought and care into each package - something that serious wine connoisseurs can appreciate and respect.
Another great wine club to go with is Firstleaf, which is also one of the most awarded wine clubs in the US.
Set up in 2016, Firstleaf is also one of the fastest growing wine clubs that completely customizes your monthly package based on your tastes and preferences. This makes it very unique and also very popular when it comes to wine clubs (especially for pickier wine enthusiasts) because wine wastage is a huge problem with wine clubs.
Each package you receive from any wine club is always a hit or miss opportunity. You may end up with eight bottles of wine that you despise, and all that wine may end up going to waste.
Firstleaf combats this by tailoring what they suggest to you based on what you want to try and what kind of wines you already like. This means that you get to be as adventurous as you like, or stick to a more restrictive group of wines. Firstleaf takes your opinions and choices into account and will hand-pick a collection each month that you are far more likely to enjoy and drink in full.
This is why all kinds of wine drinkers, from beginners to sommeliers, are signing up for Firstleaf.
From the very first steps in your wine club journey, Firstleaf will prompt you with an in depth quiz that asks you a multitude of questions surrounding your tastes and knowledge about wine. You can rate how much you like flavors like floral or fruity, tannic or earthy, and the quiz even asks you if you like ingredients like mushrooms or almonds. Plus, it will even personally ask you how adventurous you want to be so they know that they can throw in something completely different or risky to see if you can broaden your palate and just try something new.
For subscription, Firstleaf charges around $80 per month although there is a discounted price of $40 for your first six bottles. Although the full price is a little more on the pricey end of the subscription spectrum, it’s not outlandish so plus you can customize your membership plan to different frequencies to help handle the price.
Firstleaf also has a great variety of wine and also offers a bunch of benefits along with their wine club’s membership, including a wine school to help teach you more about wine (which is great for beginners) and you can also enjoy discounted prices if you want to buy more wine through Firstleaf.
Our process is simple, with every part of our business in done in house. This includes all sourcing, shipping, and still taking orders over the phone. Our subscription services offer multiple tiers for all budgets, and we take great pride in offering our “no bad bottle” guarantee. Simply put, if you ever get a bottle that has gone bad or just didn’t travel well, let us know and we’ll replace it, no questions asked.
From 90-point wines to our premium choices; our 6-tier selection includes West coast wines, sparkling wines, domestic US wines, and other international choices for just about any price point. Our expert curators and tasters choose from the best of international wineries, local boutiques and limited releases. If you like wine, but don’t really know where to start, we can set you up with a quick recommendation guide and access to a wine consultant. Plus all of the shipments include tips and tasting insights for you to learn as you go!
Finally, we also offer an opportunity to local wineries in Washington state to use our platform and infrastructure to promote their local bottles. We have a dedicated team to help growing wineries expand their audience of enthusiasts beyond their normal reach.
A common issue holding back so many people from signing up to a wine club is the side effects of drinking so much wine. If you were previously not a frequent drinker of wine, then you may be concerned about your sugar levels and carbohydrate intake now you are drinking at least two bottles of wine a month. Another concern some people may have is if the wine is vegan guaranteed, or drinking wines with a high concentration of alcohol.
If these are concerns you are harboring about signing up to a wine club, then Dry Farm Wines is definitely one to consider.
Their wines are designed to be the healthy alternative to mass-produced wine products that often suffer from high levels of sugar, alcohol and additives that can spoil their flavor. Instead, Dry Farm Wines source their wines from specific wineries that aim to create pure wines that do not have any added sugar, are organic, and have relatively low alcohol levels.
For extra guarantee that their wines are the level of purity that they want, Dry Farm Wines even have every wine independently lab tested so you can drink the wines they have to offer with full confidence that they are vegan, organic and low in sugar and alcohol.
This lower alcohol level can be a negative to some people but we think that it is a strong positive that Dry Farm Wines offer up such a specific type of wine so their wine club is the one for those with stricter dietary requirements to go to. This makes tasting fine wine a more inclusive experience that is achievable for all people.
Another great feature about the subscription club here at Dry Farm Wines is that if there is a wine in your package that you did not enjoy, then you are protected by Dry Farm Wines’ 100% Happiness Promise. This means that you have the choice between a different bottle of wine or a refund - unlike with other wine club’s happiness guarantee policies, Dry Farm Wines offers you a choice on how you want to proceed!
However, nothing is perfect and Dry Farm Wines is a pretty costly wine club to sign up to. Subscription plans can range from every three months to once a year but each shipment will cost you $159 - yikes! However, considering that some wine clubs can cost $80 per month, it’s not that bad when put in context.
So, if you want to join a wine club that is healthy and won’t make a huge change to your diet, Dry Farm Wines is definitely the wine club for you.
Our wine club selections have an emphasis on predominant wine growing areas like California, Washington, and the Old World of wine regions. Areas that have developed a strong following and have a rich culture or wine production dating back centuries in many circumstances. As you may know, in recent years Colorado has started to develop a deep interest in harvesting their own grapes for production. With warm summers and a light harvest season some areas in the west are up and coming in the wine world. Look no further, here we will showcase some local Colorado wineries that offer an in-person wine club and direct shipping options of wines that are handmade in Colorado. Most Colorado Wines are grown and produced on the western slope of Colorado just outside of Grand Junction in an area called Palisade. Palisade has a phenomenal fruit growing season throughout the summers which makes it a safe haven in terrain that would not typically support a bountiful growing season. Support local and family-owned establishments and support Colorado businesses. Here are our recommended Colorado Wineries and Wine Clubs.
- As a HIGH Altitude Wine Club Member, you will receive 4 seasonal wine offerings per year, pre-release notifications of new vintages, complimentary wine tastings, special events, wine and merchandise discounts, and more!
- We offer three levels to choose from.
- Offerings are selected by Colterris but members are able to adjust bottle quantities within the offering.
- Members are able to add bottles to each quarterly shipment up to 12 bottles (including club offering) for no additional shipping charge.
- There is no fee to join; we will email and charge your card on file prior to each club release, 4 times annually.
- Club orders can be picked up or conveniently shipped directly to your door step.
- 20% off any additional wines in our tasting room or online!
- Invitation to special events at the winery!
- Access to special library wines!
- Wine tote and poster signed by the winemaker!
- 1 or 2 wines per month!
- Pick up at the winery; or have it shipped to your door
- Only $30/bottle each month (average retail value is $30-$48!)
- Additional savings if you pay in advance!
Talon Wines Club members enjoy premier access to our latest releases, four quarterly wine shipments per year,
plus a variety of member benefits, with additional benefits at each level.
3 Wine Clubs to choose from
- No membership fee
- Free shipping on orders $65+ in the continental USA, $10 flat rate shipping on orders less than $65*
- Customizable selections from all of our award-winning wines
- Exclusive Wine Club member events
- Complimentary tasting flight or glass of wine for you and one guest per visit
- Discounts on all tasting room purchases
- Discounts on event tickets, tours, and private events
- First access to new wine releases
- Offers to purchase pre-releases and limited production wines
- Notification of library releases and other special offers
- 20% discount on case purchases
- 15% discount on purchases less than a case and wine by the glass throughout the year
- Invitation to exclusive tastings, seminars and special club events
- An optional gift or party during the club distribution event
- Free wine tasting for you and one guest once a month throughout the year
- Our goal is to make you feel welcomed and a part of our winery experience.
- Enjoy a free glass of wine for you and a guest during the month of your birthday
Laws and regulations for shipping wine to colorado (we are not lawyers)
As far as our team can tell, shipping wine to individuals in the state of Colorado directly from a winery is completely legal, as long as the recipient has proof of age over 21 years. Wineries and clubs must obtain a permit fee for a minimal annual fee to have the ability to ship in clearly marked and conspicuously labeled packaging. The packaging must disclaim the contents and acknowledge that the person receiving the package must be over 21 years old. For more information please click here
Being that Colorado has one of the largest markets for alcohol related products, the laws are in favor of mailing alcohol directly to consumers. There are only a small number of states that do not allow direct shipment of alcohol, these include but are not limited to Alabama, Arkansas, Michigan, Kentucky, and Utah.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours