Best Electric Wine Openers
If you’re feeling lazy, have we got news for you…
Gone are the days of battling with a bottle opener to crack off a cork.
With electric wine openers coming in to take the market by storm, you’ll now need to put in precisely zero effort to open your wine; and yes, the risk of taking someone’s eye out with the cork is now practically non-existent. It’s a win-win!
As fellow wine enthusiasts, we couldn’t NOT try a few of these incredible inventions for ourselves.
So, we’ve decided to put five of the most popular electric wine openers to the test, and we’re here to share our final verdict with you.
Whether you want to treat yourself to a new opener, or you’re looking for the perfect gift for the wine lover in your life, stick around to discover the best electric wine openers…
Our Best Electric Wine Openers
1. Rabbit Automatic Electric Corkscrew Wine Bottle Opener
Simple, stylish, and dependable, the Rabbit automatic wine opener just had to be added to our list. This wine opener makes cracking open a bottle easier than ever – you won’t even have to press any button!
The rabbit opener starts working on contact with the cork, automatically pulling the cork from the bottle and ejecting it once it’s removed.
It features a rechargeable internal battery that can open over 30 bottles with one charge, and it’s just 9.65 inches tall and 2 inches wide for easy handling.
This model can be juiced up via a micro USB at the base, and it even features a built-in foil cutter in the cap to give you a truly hands-off wine-opening experience.
You’ll have no trouble finding something to match your aesthetic, either, as this opener is available in three funky colors: smooth black, stylish silver, or a bold metallic red.
When we tested this opener, we were impressed with just how quickly it removed the cork from our bottle. It was easy to handle, and it’s true to form – this opener starts working the second it touches the cork.
However, the battery life can be an issue. On a few occasions, our battery has died quicker than advertised, and you have to be careful not to let it die mid-opening.
The foil cutter can also be tricky to get the hang of and is not as simple as some other models. Overall, though, this is a great wine opener for the price!
- No Buttons: This opener starts working the second it touches the cork
- Easy Handling: With a compact and slick design, you’ll find this wine opener easy to handle during use
- Great Choice of Colors: With three colors to choose from, you’ll have no trouble choosing a design that suits you
- Micro USB: This opener chargers via Micro USB, which is simple to use and cheap to replace if necessary
- Foil Cutter Can Be Difficult to Use: The foil cutter can’t just be placed on top of the bottle, it needs to be wedged at each edge of the bottle and pressed in, which can be difficult
- Battery Life Can Be Poor: Unfortunately, the battery doesn’t seem to last as long as advertised
2. Oster Electric Wine Opener and Foil Cutter Kit
Next on our list is the Oster Electric Wine Opener and Foil Cutter Kit.
This slick-looking model is plastic, cordless, and weighs just 1 pound! Measuring just 5.51 x 14.96 x 5.32 inches, this wine opener is also pretty compact to handle.
It may not be the smallest model on the market, but you definitely won’t have to worry about handling anything too bulky.
This model requires a push-button operation, and with one 6-8 hour charge, it can open up to 30 bottles of wine. Like all good electric wine openers, you’ll also get a bonus foil cutter!
Unlike other models, this isn’t attached to the opener. Your foil opener is a separate attachment that simply clamps to the foil and twists it off for easy opening.
You’ll also benefit from an ergonomic, soft grip handle on the main opener, to make your experience more comfortable.
This particular charger has its very own charging base that can be kept on your countertop, so your opener is always ready to go!
When we tested this wine opener, we found it to be a pretty reliable tool.
We didn’t need to use any extra pressure to remove the cork, and the battery life was true to the advert – with just one charge, we could open around 30 bottles!
However, we found that this model didn’t feel as sturdy when we were using it, and it required a pretty strong grip to prevent any wobbling.
- Good Battery Life: The battery life is true to form, and can open around 30 bottles with one charge.
- Own Charging Base: This model comes with its very own charging base which is stylish and convenient.
- Good Foil Cutter: The foil cutter is a separate attachment, and we found it incredibly simple to use.
- Not Sturdy: We didn’t feel this model was particularly sturdy. It needs a strong grip to prevent excess movement; even with the ergonomic handle, this can become uncomfortable and inconvenient.
3. Circle Joy Electric Wine Opener
The Circle Joy Electric Wine Opener is a must-have accessory for anyone looking for a reliable electric wine opener on a budget.
This wine opener boasts an appealing design, LED indicators, a stainless steel body, and a super compact design – this opener weighs just 344 grams and measures 9.57 x 2.17 x 2.13 inches!
Unlike most electric wine openers, this model is battery-operated.
You’ll need 4 AA batteries (not included) to run this, and when fully juiced, these can open up to 100 bottles!
Pro tip: If you want to save cash in the long run, invest in some rechargeable batteries!
Although the top of the opener is stainless steel, the bottom base is made from a transparent shell that houses the corkscrew.
You’ll be able to see your bottle being opened in real-time, which makes for a great experience.
As always, you’ll get a bonus foil cutter attachment which is placed on the top of the bottle, squeezed, and twisted to crack open your foil seal.
We put the Circle Joy opener to the test, and we have to say… we were impressed. For such a budget-friendly model, this opener gets the job done in style, and it rarely let us down.
Our only real complaint would be that as soon as your batteries start running low, they can struggle to pull the cork out. This means your batteries may not last as long as the advertised 100 bottles.
- Great Design: With a stainless steel body and transparent base, this looks great on any countertop.
- Battery Powered: This model is battery-powered, so you won’t have to worry about the internal battery failing and rendering your opener useless.
- Reliable Foil Cutter: Unlike some models, we found this foil cutter extremely reliable and simple to use.
- Battery Life Can Be Poor: Although your batteries will last a while, the more they run out of juice, the trickier it gets to open your wine. This can be frustrating and makes the opener harder to handle.
4. AirVi Electric Wine Opener with Accessories
Next on our list is the AirVi Electric Wine Opener with Accessories. This is a truly professional-grade wine opener, which would make a great gift for any avid drinker.
This particular model includes all the bells and whistles to make your wine-opening experience as simple as possible.
The AirVi model comes in a sleek gift box, featuring a bonus aerator (to enhance the flavor of your wine by exposing it to oxygen), a vacuum wine stopper to preserve your wine, and a foil cutter (see also ‘Best Wine Stoppers‘).
This opener itself boasts a stylish design and a one-touch function – simply press the button, and start opening your bottle!
At 11.97 x 4.92 x 2.68 inches, this is another compact and easy-to-handle model that looks great on any countertop, too.
With a black body and a transparent base, you can see your wine opening in real-time.
The AirVi is powered by 4 AA batteries and compared to other models, we found this has a pretty good battery life. Even when your batteries get weaker, this opener still never struggles to get the job done!
The aerator and vacuum stopper do exactly what they’re supposed to do, and they’re a real selling point of this model.
We have very little to fault with this opener. However, we did sometimes struggle to fit the battery cap on, and if it’s not screwed on tight, it has a tendency to dislodge itself during use.
- Aerator and Vacuum Stop: The AirVi is the ideal gift set, and we found that the aerator and vacuum stop work perfectly.
- Battery Operated: This model is battery-operated for convenience, and it still works well even when your batteries are running low.
- Comfortable Handle: We found this model extremely lightweight and comfortable to handle.
- Battery Cap Can Come Loose: If it’s not tightened enough, the battery cap can come loose during use.
5. Dash Serve & Preserve Wine Set
Last up, we have this serve and preserve wine set from Dash. There’s no doubt about it – this is one of the most stylish wine openers we’ve reviewed; just take a look at that body!
Weighing just over 2 pounds and measuring 14.45 x 8.74 x 4.37 inches, this model is a little bigger than its competitors. Although we had no issues using it, you may struggle if you’re elderly or suffer from joint pain.
The Dash Serve and Preserve Set comes with its very own charging base. When fully charged, this model will open up to 30 bottles, and it can uncork your bottles in as quick as 8 seconds!
This opener really pulls out all the stops and aims to be one of the most comprehensive on the market.
With this model, you’ll also get two reusable caps to help vacuum seal your bottle, an extra vacuum sealer, and a steel foil cutter.
This opener works with a one-touch system – simply press the button, and let it get to work! What’s more, the reusable vacuum screws can even record the date you plugged your wine!
You can also choose from some stylish colors, including rose gold and baby blue, making it easy to find something to suit your style.
When we tried this or ourselves, we found very little to complain about. The battery life holds exceptionally well, and all the added extras do exactly what they’re supposed to do.
We were so pleased! Our only complaint would be that the foil cutter can be a little tricky to use if it’s not angled correctly.
- Added Extras: The reusable caps, vacuum sealer, and foil cutter are all exceptional, and they make this a real value-for-money model.
- Great Design: This opener has a beautiful design and some great colors to choose from.
- Strong Battery Life: The battery life doesn’t disappoint, and its electric charging base makes for convenient charging.
- Quick Uncorking: The Dash model can uncork your wine in as little as 8 seconds; wine opening has never been easier!
- Tricky Foil Cutter: Unfortunately, when it’s not angled correctly, the foil cutter can be difficult to use.
Whether you’re treating yourself or buying for someone else, choosing the right electric wine opener is incredibly important.
To help you make the right choice, we’ve put together a brief buyer’s guide of the most important things you should be looking for in your next model…
Ease of Use
This should go without saying, but you need to be able to use whatever wine opener you purchase.
Most electric wine openers require no physical effort, but if you’re overwhelmed by technology, maybe choose a model that starts working on contact with the cork – this way, you won’t even need to press any buttons.
Most electric wine openers either work via AA batteries or a rechargeable battery. Think carefully about what will be most convenient for you (or the person you’re buying for), before you dive in.
With AA batteries, you won’t have to worry about an internal battery dying and damaging your model, but you will have to make more frequent trips to the shop to buy batteries.
If you want a pocket-sized opener, we’ll be honest: electric wine openers probably aren’t for you. Most of the leading models on the market are pretty tall.
Although they’re sleek and comfortable to use, you’ll definitely struggle to find one you can chuck in your pocket and whip out at a party.
However, if you just want something convenient that’ll also look the part on your kitchen counter, you’ll be pleased with almost every single one of the leading openers we’ve reviewed here.
While convenience and practicality are important, you’ll also need to think about style.
Most electric openers are sleek and stylish in their own right, but with so many models on the market, you may need to shop around and find the right choice for you.
A block-colored base and a transparent bottom are extremely popular, but you could also opt for a full block-colored body if you prefer. The choice is yours!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Use An Electronic Wine Opener?
Most electric wine openers work at the push of a button, or on direct contact with the cork.
Simply charge up your opener, place the opening end on the top of the cork, and let your model do the rest. Don’t worry about applying extra force – a good wine opener won’t need it!
Are Electric Wine Openers Worth It?
If you struggle to open corked bottles with a corkscrew, or you simply want the convenience of not having to struggle, electric wine openers are definitely worth it.
However, if you just drink screw-capped bottles, don’t bother. These are easy enough to open, and an electric wine opener probably won’t make your experience any more convenient.
What Is The Best Way to Open a Wine Bottle Without a Corkscrew?
If you don’t have a corkscrew to hand, the best way to open a wine bottle is to use a car key.
Place a thin-edged car key (or door key) at a slight angle in the cork, and leave a small section of the key outside the top of the cork.
When you’re ready, pull your key, and the cork, at an angle until it pops out of the bottle.
If you’ve ever struggled to open a corked bottle of wine, we feel your pain (see also ‘Best Wine Bottle Opener‘).
Even with the best reliable corkscrew on the market, the process still requires a LOT of effort, and it can be difficult to manage if you’re elderly or have joint issues.
If you struggle opening corked bottles, we’d thoroughly recommend an electric wine opener. Trust us, once you have one in your arsenal, you won’t look back!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours