If you adore a refreshing glass of wine after a hard day, you might be interested in buying a wine refrigerator. Here are our product recommendations.
10 best large wine refrigerators | Buying Guide
Are you a lover of wine? If so, you may be looking for a refrigerator to keep your wine cool, allowing you to have a refreshing glass of wine whenever you want. Large wine refrigerators will be especially ideal, as you can house many wines. These products are often used in bars and restaurants, though you can also buy one for your home if you are a wine enthusiast who loves a swill of booze.
The best large wine refrigerators are designed with the needs and preferences of wine lovers in mind. They should not only provide ample space for storing bottles but also offer easy access to them. The best models are built with stainless steel or aluminum construction that will last longer than plastic ones. You can choose between freestanding units or those that come as part of an integrated wine cooler system.
To help you select a large wine refrigerator, we have found some of the best products on the market. We have also created a buyer’s guide, which makes you aware of the factors that you should consider during your shopping experience. Here are our favorite big wine fridges:
- BODEGA Wine Cooler
- Stainless steel handle: this handle is easy to clean, so it won't get in the way. This handle is durable and looks modern.
- Easy access: simply slide open the door to access all of your wine bottles. This is a result of the distinctive hinge design.
- Locks: with two keys, you can lock the door of your fridge. Consequently, kids will be prevented from accessing your wine.
- Adjustable feet: change the height of your fridge due to this fabulous feature. You can make it taller or shorter depending on your preference.
- Expensive: because this fridge is designed for professional settings, it is quite costly. Therefore, we only advise buying it for your home if you are a wine enthusiast.
- STAIGIS 12 Bottle Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- Simple temperature controls: alter the temperature with these touch controls.
- LED interior lighting: keep an eye on how many wine bottles you have thanks to this lighting.
- Adjustable shelves: remove shelves if you have unusual bottle sizes.
- Stylish aesthetic: this fridge has a modern look that will suit most kitchens.
- Smaller than other models on this list: if you want to hold between 12 and 28 bottles, STAIGIS is a perfect brand. If not, you will need a larger fridge.
- ROVRAK Advanced Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- Removable shelves: you can adjust these shelves, which are made entirely from beech wood.
- Defrosting technology: you can always see what wine bottles you have thanks to this frost-free feature.
- Powerful temperature control: easily find the ideal temperature for your wine collection. This fridge ranges from 41 to 64℉.
- Safety lock: suitable for homes with children due to this safety feature.
- FOVOMI Wine Cooler Refrigerator 52 Bottles
- Low noise level: this fridge is very quiet.
- Elegant appearance: this wine cooler looks stylish and classy. This is partially achieved by its blue light.
- Grape-shaped vent: these vents not only help with airflow, but they also look great. This unique shape is perfect for a wine fridge.
- Can be used in several settings: this wine cooler works well in both residential and commercial settings.
- Slightly imperfect temperature control
- Allavino Wine Refrigerator
- No temperature fluctuation: unlike many other fridges, this one does not experience temperature fluctuations. This means that you won't have to worry about spoiling your wine and gives you a consistent temperature.
- Adjustable shelving: this model allows you to easily adjust the height of the shelves. These hardwood shelves are of amazing quality and move smoothly.
- Energy-efficient compressor: this compressor is more powerful than others. As such, it will cool down your wine faster.
- Precise temperature controls: this control panel gives easy control of the fridge temperature. You can select a temperature between 41 and 73 degrees.
- Bottles are placed on top of each other: to store 99 bottles in this fridge, they have to be placed on top of one another. This might make it hard to reach some bottles.
- SCHMECKE Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- UV-resistant glass: to keep your precious wine bottle safe, this glass has been made to resist UV rays.
- Energy-efficient light: this light is energy efficient, which means that it uses less electricity than most lights.
- Compact size: this wine cooler is small enough to fit into any kitchen. Because of this, it is also portable, making it easier to move around your house.
- Lockable door: this door can be locked when you don't want anyone else to access the contents inside.
- Somewhat small: this wine cooler is relatively small. Though it is bigger than some models, whether it is truly a "large" refrigerator is debatable. Though this is fine for household use, we recommend getting a bigger fridge for professional settings.
- TYLZA Wine and Beverage Refrigerator
- Separate compartments: as mentioned, this fridge has two different parts for different beverages. You can control the temperature of these sections separately.
- Silent cooling system: under 38dB, this fridge is practically silent.
- Tempered door: avoid frosting thanks to this glass door.
- Won't suit people with large collections: if you are merely a wine enthusiast who doesn't appreciate other drinks, the second section will be pointless to you.
- Kalamera Freestanding Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- Memory function: this device will remember what temperature it should be, even if you have lost power.
- Blue LEDs: these LED bulbs add a nice touch to the overall design. They make the unit appear more modern and sophisticated.
- Stainless steel: this wine cooler is made out of stainless steel. Stainless steel is considered to be one of the safest materials for fridges, as it is durable and long-lasting.
- Flexible installation: this wine cooler can be installed almost anywhere, including under cabinets or countertops. It can also be freestanding if you desire.
- Costly: this wine cooler costs more than many others. If you are looking for a budget-friendly fridge, we suggest purchasing one of the other products on this list.
- AAOBOSI Beverage and Wine Cooler Dual Zone
- Wide opening angle: these fridge doors can open to an impressive 180°. This makes it a lot easier to put wine bottles into the fridge.
- Cool aesthetic: this design is quite attractive. The silver exterior looks polished. Plus, the blue lights add to the aesthetic appeal.
- Dual sections: store different beverages with this fridge. It is more than just a wine refrigerator.
- The wine shelves are a bit of a squeeze: there is not a lot of room on these shelves. Thus, you may find it difficult to fit a larger wine bottle into this product.
- Ivation Dual Zone Wine Cooler
- Preserves your bottles of wine: this dual-zone wine cooler preserves your bottles of wine by keeping them at a constant temperature.
- Soft lighting: instead of being overwhelmed by light when you open the fridge, this product has more gentle lighting.
- Even air circulation: to ensure that the temperature is consistent throughout the fridge, it has been built to ensure even circulation.
- Quite loud: though it's quieter than other fridges, it still makes a lot of noise. Some may find this irritating.
If you want a home for your impressive wine collection, this cooler is an outstanding option. Bodega offers a wide range of coolers, including one that holds up to 154 wine bottles. Interestingly, this is the exact same capacity as the previous model.
However, there is an even larger model available if you wish. This unit holds 176 bottles. This particular unit is perfect for people who enjoy drinking wine routinely. This is what we had to say about it:
Up first, this dedicated wine fridge from STAIGIS is brilliant if you adore wine. It has enough room to store up to 12 bottles of wine, making it perfect for people who love drinking wine.
However, there are larger models available if you are looking for a bigger supply. The largest of these fridges can hold an impressive 28 bottles, making it ideal for home use. This is what we thought of the fridge:
This Rovrak wine fridge is another great option for people who like to drink wine. If you want something that looks good, then this model is for you. It comes with a sleek design that will fit perfectly into any kitchen. It has a storage capacity of 154 bottles, meaning that it is ideal for large wine collections.
Regardless of whether you prefer red or white wine, this fridge can hold an astonishing quantity of wine. Aside from this, here are the other features that stood out to us:
Take a look at FOVOMI's wine refrigerator. This is a fantastic option for those who love to drink wine regularly. Its bottle capacity is 52, meaning that it is quite sizable without being as massive as some other large fridges. Moreover, the beech wooden shelves look extremely elegant. Here are some of its best and worst features:
Alternatively, you can use this Allavino refrigerator if you happen to have 99 bottles that require refrigeration. It comes with an adjustable shelf so that you can adjust the height according to your preferences. It has been made with premium materials, namely stainless steel and hardwood. Aside from this, here are some of the most noteworthy features:
If you are a casual wine drinker who doesn't need to store hundreds of bottles, this wine cooler from SCHMECKE is ideal. The fact that it is compact makes it easy to move around. Plus, it will not take up as much kitchen floor space as some other items on our list. This SCHMECKE product can hold 34 bottles. This is what we liked and thought could be improved about it:
If you are not just a wine enthusiast but also a fan of other drinks, such as beer or soda, this may be the beverage fridge for you. It has one compartment for wine and another for cans, adding some variety to your drinking. This is also an exceptional item for bars and restaurants, as you can store a wide array of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. This is our review:
Last but not least, this Kalamera cooler has a larger capacity than any other product on this list. It can hold 157 bottles. Consequently, it is suitable for use in pubs and restaurants that require lots of wine.
However, the price tag is pretty high. We think that this is due to the fact that it is an all stainless steel model. Moreover, you are essentially paying for this extra bottle capacity. Here are some of the things we like and dislike about it:
Like the previous item, this is another dual-zone wine fridge. However, this one has a smaller capacity. Nevertheless, it offers great value for money. Plus, it is designed to be practically noise-free and to save energy. Here's what makes it stand out:
The penultimate product on this list is from Ivation. If you are looking for an efficient wine refrigerator, this is what you need. Though it has a smaller capacity than other items, being able to hold 33 bottles, it is nonetheless a large and effective fridge for you to try. Here are some of the reasons why we included it in this list:
Buyer’s Guide to large wine coolers
Hopefully, the above product recommendations will have given you plenty of inspiration. However, when it comes to buying a large wine fridge, there are many things to think about. These factors can complicate shopping, as they will make certain products unsuitable for you.
Instead, you must find a fridge that suits your individual needs. To ensure that you find the perfect product, we have listed some primary considerations below:
large wine refrigerator Sizes
When choosing a large wine refrigerator, you need to take into account its size. This is because you will use this appliance to store a variety of different types of beverages. Therefore, you need to look for a model that has enough room for all of these items. As such, you should avoid purchasing a fridge that is too small.
Larger models can contain up to several hundred bottles. The number of bottles that a fridge can hold should be included in the product information.
Though bigger fridges can hold more wine, they will take up more space in your kitchen. So, you need to weigh the pros and cons before making your final decision. For example, if you live in a smaller apartment, then a larger model might not be better suited for you. On the other hand, if you have a spacious kitchen, a sizable fridge will be suitable.
If you are using this wine fridge for industrial use, such as for a restaurant, you need to consider how much space you have in the kitchen. There must be sufficient space for all the employees to conduct their various jobs.
As a result, it is recommended that you measure the space in which you plan on placing the fridge. Compare these measurements to the size of the fridge. If it is too large, you may want to consider an alternative model.
Price for wine refrigerators
Another consideration that you need to keep in mind is price. You do not want to spend a fortune on a fridge. After all, they can be somewhat expensive products. However, you do want to buy something that will last for years.
As a result, you need to research the prices of each model. When doing so, you should compare the cost of the fridge with the amount of money that you are willing to spend.
You should bear in mind that a fridge usually costs a few hundred dollars. If you want a high-end model, you are looking at spending at least $1,000. Therefore, we recommend setting aside a budget for your cooler fridge.
Be sure to be strict with this budget. If you find a product that is above this limit, avoid it. You can use this budget to filter search results when shopping for a wine fridge online.
You also need to check whether the manufacturer offers any discounts. Some companies offer special promotions where they give away gifts to customers who purchase a specific item. By taking advantage of these deals, you can save a lot of money.
The style of the fridge is another important factor to consider. If you like modern designs, then you should choose one that looks sleek and stylish. However, if you prefer traditional styles, then you should go for something that resembles a vintage piece. It does not matter what type of design you choose. What matters most is that it matches your home décor.
The best way to match your existing decor is by considering the color scheme of your kitchen. If you have dark cabinets, then you should opt for a white fridge. Similarly, if you have light-colored walls, then you can get a black fridge. This is because it will help to bring some light into a dark kitchen or some darkness into an overly bright kitchen.
On the flip side, some people prefer having fridges that match the color of their kitchen cabinets or walls.
In addition to matching your kitchen’s colors, you should also consider the overall appearance of the fridge. If it appeals to you, the fridge is worth getting. If it doesn’t, you may want to look elsewhere.
If you are purchasing a refrigerator for commercial purposes, then durability is very important. In fact, certain models are designed specifically for industrial use. These refrigerators are built to withstand years of use. This is because they are made from strong materials that are resistant to corrosion. As a result, they tend to last longer than other types of refrigerators.
If you are buying a refrigerator for personal use, however, you don’t need to worry about its durability as much. Most refrigerators are designed to last for several years without breaking down. Regardless, you should still ensure that sturdy and high-quality materials have been used to construct your fridge. Otherwise, it may fall apart easily.
Ease Of Use
Another thing to think about is how easy it is to operate your new fridge. This includes controlling temperature settings. A good option would be a touchscreen display. It makes it easier to adjust the temperature settings.
To see how easy a fridge is to use, you may want to research customer reviews. While they can be somewhat inconsistent, they nonetheless provide an indication of what other customers thought.
When selecting a refrigerator, you should also consider energy efficiency. Energy-efficient fridges consume less power compared to others. They do so by using more efficient components such as motors.
In addition, they make better use of electricity. Therefore, they require less energy to run. Ultimately, this means that they cost less to operate.
This can save you money on energy bills, making energy-efficient models a budget-friendly option in the long run.
Noise Levels of large wine refrigerators
You should also think about noise levels when choosing a large wine refrigerator. Some models produce a lot of noise during operation. Others barely make any sound at all.
You should, therefore, check out the noise level before deciding which model to buy. This will be particularly important if you are putting the fridge in a room in which you need to concentrate, such as an office.
frequently asked questions about large wine coolers
This will depend. If you are a wine enthusiast, you should consider getting one. There are many benefits to owning one. For instance, it allows you to store a larger quantity of wine. This makes it easier to enjoy your drinks.
However, some people find these refrigerators to be unnecessary for their homes. This is because most people don’t consume enough wine to justify them. This is why wine fridges are more commonly used by businesses.
What Size Does My Refrigerator Need To Be?
There isn’t really a set rule regarding the size of a refrigerator. You can get one that is as big or small as you like. As mentioned earlier, you should research the capacity and measurement of a fridge to ensure that it is right for you.
Should I Put My Wine Bottle in the Fridge After Opening it?
Yes, opened wine will last for longer if it is placed in the fridge.
There are many factors that you should take into consideration before making a decision on which large wine fridge to buy. We hope that our detailed guide has helped you make the right choice.
There are tons of brilliant fridges out there, so it can be hard to filter these results. With any luck, this guide will have made your decision much simpler.